Monday, August 31, 2009

Sippy Love en route?

Thu AM:
RK had some of his milk in the sipper.
Thu noon:
Had some of his milk in the sipper.
Thu night:
Had his milk in the sipper. Does he know by now mom means business and won't let him go till he has some milk? Hmm...

Fri AM:
Had some more of his milk in the sipper.
Fri noon:
He had a little bit in the sipper...still fighting it?
Fri night:
Had the milk in the sipper. Pretty tired after an evening running around at the park.

Sat AM:
Had milk. Not too much fuss.
Sat noon:
More like Sat evening. It was a very hot day and he enjoyed the milk slightly cool.
Sat night:
Had his milk. I had to hold the cup and he enjoyed letting it go a moment after I let it go. Loves teasing mom...

Sun AM:
He had his milk from the sippy. However he declared 'Kaaka thookittu poachu' (The crow took it away) referring to the now missing from a week bottle. His way of bidding goodbye bottle finally?
Sun noon:
More like Sunday evening due to the weekend schedules being all over the place. He had milk in the sippy but we are not at the stage where he will drink on his own like with the bottle. So while I miss the freedom of being able to hand him his milk and get few mins to do something I enjoy holding the sippy and cuddling with him :-)
Sun Night:
Had the milk. I read the book to him and tried to constantly encourage him to hold the sippy by himself. That is not done yet. But we are getting there I dare say! Soon he will not want me to hold the sippy. One more thing he can do by himself.

It has been a week since the bottle has been retired. Can I hope the struggle is at its end and that RK will drink milk in his sipper? My biggest worry at this point is that so far he has only had his milk in the sipper (almost completely that is) when I give it to him. I am hoping that is no longer the case. There are more struggles I know. I also know that he needs to learn to sit and drink his milk holding it on his own. The next stage would be to try and use a glass and a straw if needed. But for now, I am secretly happy that he wants me to hold his sipper and snuggle close to me when he has his milk. I savor those moments especially since he is growing up so quickly.

No comments: