Saturday, June 8, 2013

My fellow commuters

I take the bus to work most days. What I love most about it is that it has WI-Fi enabling me to be a blogger. Blogging @work especially with where I sit now is close to impossible!
Here are some of the characters I have heard encountered and remember.
  • Mr. Gujju Guy - How do I know he is gujju? Cause of his accent. Now this guy is loud most days when he has found someone to talk to. And he does because he is totally non discriminatory on that arena. Anyone sitting next to him and slightly willing to talk/polite and he will talk. I do not know the guy @ all. But then again I know a lot about him. I know he has 2 kids and a wife who is a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) by choice. He has a Sony Wii on which he likes to play Tennis. He went to India last year during thanksgiving/Christmas and will be going this year also. He plans to go back to India someday. His daughter wants to join the girl scouts but she is yet too young. He made a politically incorrect statement to a fellow commuter (a desi lady) indicating that his wife has the easier job and got blasted for it. Isn't that a lot to know about a guy I don't know. I wish he would tone it down!
  • Ms. Makeup - She is a pretty looking Asian girl but doesn't believe that about herself the way I see it. She has her makeup kit out and is putting on makeup for a good 30 mins or so. Yes it makes her look good but that is because she looks good! And no, no one can believe those are your natural eyelashes!
  • Ms. I have a Louis Vuitton - This lady owns a Louis Vuitton (original or no I can't tell!) And she thinks it deserves it's own seat on the bus. She will always sit on one seat towards the middle and keep her bag next to her on the adjacent seat. She will try and ignore you when you hover near her for a seat. This one time when I was pregnant I had just managed to catch the bus before it was to leave (yeah I know I know!!!) I came in panting and wanted to sit down on the first available seat. Of course it turned out this was next to Ms. LV. I am standing there with my big bag and even bigger belly and she coolly looks over her shoulder and asks 'Is there no seat at the back'? 'OMG'! I was so mad but too out of breath to say anything nasty! (thankfully!) As I commented to a friend later "Just because her LV might cost more than what my monthly ticket for the bus costs she has no right to do that".
  • Mr. Having an Affair - Now, how do I know this? Well because I have ears. And because they perk up when you coo on the phone to your girlfriend and explain what lie you are going to tell your wife - loud enough for the person 2 seats behind you to hear! And he also says things like 'I can't wait to kiss you baby' etc etc.'. Takes all kinds to make this world I guess! I will say though it has made for some interesting rides!
  • Mr Fan of Baseball  - This man wears a cap with the logo of the local baseball team. He is a big fan and many times wears their t-shirts as well. He Loves baseball. After a particularly important or challenging game he will call up someone and have an hour long conversation debating the merits of every ball that was played. And he is loud and if you are sitting next to him even your earphones cannot drown out his voice.
Over time I have become smarter at picking which seat I should sit on; rather who I should not sit with. Good luck to all you fellow commuters out there!

4 comments:

Ionic Software Services said...

Impressive! Thanks for the post.

Dentitox Pro Reviews
Revitaa Pro Reviews
Vivo Tonic Reviews
Java Burn Reviews
Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic Reviews

james smith said...

Thank you for sharing this nice post. I really loved reading this post.

Skoda Kamiq 2021

james smith said...

Thank you for sharing this nice post. I really loved reading this post.

Top 10 Best Cryptocurrency Under $1

devin12 said...

Thank you for sharing this nice post. I really loved reading this post.

Best Laptop For Trading Cryptocurrency