Friday, June 7, 2013

Of Mars and Venus - toddler style

1. One of the guys (drummer) had just come back from India and they(I am sure it was the Mrs selection) had gotten clothes for all the kids in the gang. That day the only girl in the gang of you boys, Snow White (as she shall henceforth be known) was also home. You had just finished lunch and she was still eating. Drummer uncle was home for lunch too (the Mrs was still back in India with the little one) and had gotten your clothes and Snow White's clothes. Once your finished lunch I excitedly opened your package and admired the colorful clothes they had gotten for you. But I could not resist wanting to open Snow White's package and look. So next that's what I did. I also took out the prettiest lace pink dress and was showing it to her and her mom. Me and her mom were gushing over how pretty it was. She sat there looking at it up and down very analytically and then said 'Can you show me the back of the dress'? It was a defining moment - she was the girl! I was so proud of her and so amused too. Sigh, I love my boy but the next time around I do think I would like a girl... (tee hee)
2. Our gang of pals had taken a vacation last year. We had all gone to a beautiful cabin at Lake Tahoe. Snow White had gotten her doll with her. One day when all was peaceful, meaning all the kids were playing with separate toys/books/napping Snow White took her doll, kept in in the high chair, offered the doll food and water and besieged her to eat. After a while the doll was forgotten on the high chair and off went Snow White to play. One of the lil guys came along, lets call him Om. Then Om proceeded to pull the doll by her hair and topple the doll's sippy etc. Then RK joined along and yanked the doll off the high chair with her hair. Then they both started banging the doll against the carpet just for fun. There was such a stark contrast to the ways of lil boys and lil girls right there built into their DNA.

My wish on #1 above came true in the fall of 2012. Now that I have one of each I can't wait to observe and hopefully record some of these moments. In some way they also help me understand this world a little better!

No comments: