Monday, April 26, 2010

Growing up too fast

RK saw me crying and said 'Don't cry amma'; in that tone which only he can use - part concern, part command.
And later RK told me 'Dont be sad amma, RK is with you'.
Later that evening he said 'RK is your friend amma'.

Yest I asked you to call appa to get ready to go for a haircut. You were busy playing. After a couple of mins I got up to go call him and you said 'No no amma'. You proceeded to push me back into the room and made me sit on the couch and then went out and passed on the message accurately. I didn't even have to tell you again. Now I know you are listening even when you are busy playing!

You developed a good command over language early on. I sometimes wonder if that is what mislead us at times into treating you like you were older than you actually were. It is still the case a lot of times. This is such a vulnerable age and I cant help thinking if we are doing things right. It is one of those where we do the best we can at that moment given our limitations and knowledge set and we will not know the impact of that decision till it is too late to change. Maybe I am just melancholy. But there are times when I realize how inconsistent we as parents can be and how confusing that can be to you. I am sorry.

1 comment:

Aryan-Arjun said...

I agree about the inconsistency that we have....
Aryan's Mom