Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Toddler Talk II

1. I heard some noise that sounded like water dripping and I was asking DT about it. RK chimed in 'Appa, come we will check it out'!
2. We were playing with his animals, RK and I and RK pointed to one animal and said 'this is Horse amma'. By the time I could correct him (it was a goat) he said 'No sorry goat'. I was amazed that he knew what context to use that sorry in.
3. 'Cow gives milk amma'. 'Yes kanna (endearment). That's right'. I respond. 'Cow gives milk to RK; cow gives coffee to amma' he said.
4. Post dinner one night I was cleaning up the kitchen and the lil one was running around my legs eating a strawberry. He wanted me to sit down and play with him. He said 'Sit down amma'. I obliged. After a couple of mins I started to get up again and he said 'Sit quietly amma'. And I sat laughing softly:-)
5. One Saturday morning we were playing and my pal called. She and I were chatting up and RK comes to me and says 'No phone amma'. He wanted me to keep the phone down and play with him. As simple as that.
6. Hasta la vista animals - This started as a way for me to get RK to leave an activity he was busy pursuing to change a diaper or eat dinner or have a bath etc. I didnt want to drag him away and he would always start a protest for every such situation. So I said 'Ok RK we need to say 'hasta la vista' and 'I'll be back' to the animals. And then we can come back and play after...' He caught on to that and for a couple of weeks used it on everything. There was hasta la vista elephant, tiger etc.; hasta la vista train, hasta la vista book and so on. The best part is the way RK said 'Baby'! He said it like 'Bebe-ee'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed so loudly after reading " cow gives coffee to amma".. that I startled my son. He had a confused look on his face and thank god smiled after a minute. I was worried that he was going to cry! :-)

Hurricane C said...

@ Sri - LOL! He is getting to know his mommy huh :-)
Funny thing is after a couple of days RK added 'cow gives cell phone to appa'. I think its the first things he sees us do every morning!