Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sense of humor

  1. A couple of months ago you had just finished dinner and started playing with your animals. And then you said 'Giraffe va grass chaapada vechutaan RK.'. (I kept the giraffe to graze). You then looked up at me and said 'Giraffe kku bib pottu vidu amma'. (Put on a bib for the giraffe amma). I looked at you funny and then you started laughing. It was so funny and you knew it.
  2. You and me were going through what sounds all the animals make. Then you said 'Amma, bull says?'. And I asked you back 'What does the bull say RK?'. You responded 'Bull says bull bull' :-)
  3. Another time when we were reading a book you have on farm animals, I told you that paapa (young) goose are called 'gosling' and on the next page I mentioned young ducks are called 'ducklings'. We turned the page and there was a chicken with some chicks on it. You said 'Paapa chick kku peru chickling' and you laughed with your pearly whites showing and your eyes all smiling. And once I laughed, you made this joke many times afterward and still do :-)
  4. Yesterday we were driving back home after a weekday dinner out. Dinner out is a rarity these days (consciously so) and on a weekday even more so. But DT and I had a stressed out week and so needed a break. Anyways, on the way back you did something really cute and I said 'Amma loves RK'. I then looked over at DT driving looking handsome with a new haircut and clean shaven etc and said 'Amma also loves appa'. You responded 'Nooo..'. I said 'Yes, amma loves RK and also amma loves appa'. You responded this time with 'Amma, don't love appa'. Needless to say DT and I burst out laughing and thankfully you are not old enough to take offense and you laughed too :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amma don't love appa..that is sweet
Aryan's mom

Hurricane C said...

@Aryan's mom - Thank you. Aren't our boys the sweetest?